Wondering “how to write the conclusion of an argumentative essay”? Are you the one stuck in the finding of argumentative essay topics and wants to seek help? You think we will let you drown in such a situation? Never! Continue reading this, we have got the best for you.
For most of the students, it might be a daunting task to write the conclusion of their essays rather than the rest of the processes involved in it. This is what our expert writers have realized with the time and brought to you every bit of details that you require out of us. So, let’s begin with the perfect essay writing guide now.
What Is Conclusion?
A conclusion is usually last paragraph of your essay (specifically speaking, argumentative essay) or any piece of writing, which summarizes the entire piece of writing, the thesis statement, and the arguments made in it. It also tends to inform the readers, the importance of your essay and tends to leave them in a state that is unambiguous.
Purpose Of Conclusion
It provides a closure to the essay and summarize the main arguments for the last time. It is the generic essay outline of the content in which we impress the readers and state the importance of our essay to them. So, at the end of your essay, the reader must know why your piece of writing matters to them. In addition to this, your essay should also answer the “what next”.
Ensure the following when writing conclusion:
- The practice of the paragraph starter should be good enough to insert a sense of completeness in it and hence, the entire essay.
- End your conclusion on a positive note, it is one of the best practices.
- Write it in such a way as to give your audience something rhetorical and they want more and think more on it when your essay ends.
- Restate your thesis in this paragraph and not rewrite it from the introductory paragraph. This is because it is not a good practice to have repetition in your essay.
- Do not introduce a new idea in the conclusion, rather sum up the entire discussion from above; restate the thesis, summarise the argumentative essay body paragraphs, and leave the readers with a good final impression and food for thought.
- Keep the balance in your conclusion. It should neither be too long to be distracting enough nor it be short enough to convey barely anything. It should contain at least three sentences and at most depending-on the type of essay.
Outline Of Conclusion Paragraph For An Argumentative Essay
It is a general standard that the number of sentences in a conclusion depends on the number of statements in the essay (i.e. number of topic sentences and thesis statements). A strong and to the point argumentative essay word choice makes the conclusion best. But this is not a hard and fast rule and is subject to changes depending on the argumentative essay topic.
Here is the structure of a conclusion paragraph:
- Starter sentence
- Summarizing the main points
- Concluding sentence
Let’s discuss how to write a conclusion paragraph:
This sentence is the very starting sentence of a conclusion paragraph and it has the power to restate the thesis of the essay (the main sentence on which the entire discussion is based). So, as a student, if you ever wonder how to start a conclusion, try to rephrase your thesis statement and then state it as first sentence of your concluding paragraph.
Summarizing The Main Points
By summarizing the main points, we mean that in 3-4 sentences, wrap up the entire arguments that you have made throughout the essay. Not just this, but also explain the importance of it and the connection between them.
It is the very final sentence of your conclusion, make sure it be a rhetorical question or a clincher sentence to leave the audience in a state of thoughts and crave. This sentence should provide closure to the essay and work as a connector of the audience to the introduction.
Examples Of Sentences For Conclusion
Thesis: “Decision making in aeronautics depends on millions of factors”
1st sentence of conclusion: “human factor, weather, terrain and go-no-go decision being in the million factors in aeronautical decision making are the most critical among all others”
Thesis: “it should be the duty of pharmacist to prescribe medicines on the diagnosed condition of the patient and not the doctor for several reasons”
1st sentence of conclusion: “pharmacist have better know how of the formulas in the drugs suitable for the type of diagnosed disease”.
“Although many internal and external factors be included in aeronautical decision making but the major contribution is made mostly by the ones stated here in. Therefore, before making a flight, these factors must be in the considerations of the pilot”.
“However, doctors being specialist in the diagnosing of the medical conditions properly can also play the role of pharmacist, but the areas in which they are specialized is very different from what the pharmacist are”.
“Think how multi-taskers pilots are when they are making thousands of decision at a single point in time.
“So, now you know how important it is for the pharmacist to prescribe drugs rather than the doctor playing the role of pharmacist?
Now combining all the sentences:
“Human factor, weather, terrain and go-no-go decision being in the million factors in aeronautical decision making are the most critical among all others. Although many internal and external factors be included in aeronautical decision making but the major contribution is made mostly by the ones stated here in. Therefore, before making a flight, these factors must be in the considerations of the pilot. Think how multi-taskers pilots are when they are making thousands of decision at a single point in time”.
“Pharmacist have better know how of the formulas in the drugs suitable for the type of diagnosed disease. However, doctors being specialist in the diagnosing of the medical conditions properly can also play the role of pharmacist, but the areas in which they are specialized is very different from what the pharmacist are. So, now you know how important it is for the pharmacist to prescribe drugs rather than the doctor playing the role of pharmacist?”
The water pollution has been really affecting 1the lives of human beings since 2010. It is almost impossible to ensure a better wildlife or provide safe drinking water to any living being. That is why it is important to take this matter seriously and start working on controlling the water pollution. We can do it by keeping our water resources clean, and by using them in a controlled portion.
The increasing cases of child molestation are certainly alarming and need to be controlled as soon as possible. One must focus upon fulfilling their responsibility by keeping an eye on such things and becoming a protector of others. The government and the local public can ensure the safety of the children by working hand in hand. Remember, we all can do it by spreading awareness and taking all the precautionary measures.
Mental health is clearly not a joke and the findings in this essay have highlighted this point as well. It is something that can be treated and if someone is facing this issue, one should not hesitate to consult a psychologist immediately. Indeed depression is a major illness among many people, but the treatment done in the right time can save everything.
Transition Words Or Concluding Words
These words play a pivotal role in the building blocks of a conclusion. Without these words, the conclusion can barely be counted as a better one. These can either be used at the very start of the paragraph and also in between sentences as well. Let’s mention them:
- To sum up
- To wrap up
- To conclude
- Long story short
- In short
- As stated earlier
- Let’s revisit the entire discussion,
- To be exact
- In a nutshell
- To summarize
- To review
It also has to be noted here that, if it is not required to use such phrases then it should never be use. Despite its advantages, the disadvantage of these words is that you are yourself telling the readers that is about to happen. Let them realize themselves what’s coming next through your writing.
Dos And Don'ts Of Conclusion
- Do start early your conclusion.
- Lead naturally from one paragraph to another and try good transition words to connect ideas in a flowy manners.
- Do emphasize on the main points and remind the audience of what were discussed so far.
- Do add new words while rephrasing.
- Do leave with a powerful impact on the audience.
- Use strong vocabulary and do review after writing your conclusion.
- End with a good quotation if you can.
- Be sure in your thoughts to add confidence into your conclusion
- Rephrase thesis
- End with a good question
- Be appealing to the emotions
- Discuss the implications
- Do review your conclusion before submission.
- Do not start with a new idea in the conclusion or simply put, “don’t repeat”.
- Avoid use of silly words and decorative language
- Do not add concluding and transition words at the very starting sentence in an unnatural way.
- Do not start your conclusion when the deadline is very near. Start early.
- Do not criticize things in here.
- The ending should not be too elaborative because your essay has already done that part.
- Do not be hurried
- Don’t overuse some phrases and words.
- Do not repeat the thesis
Writing conclusion for your argumentative essay might not be an easy task. It is a type of essay in which you have to be confident enough and sure enough to convince your readers otherwise, there are tons of options available to them that would let them be taken over. Under these circumstances, a good essay of such sort is very important starting from the selection of good argumentative essay topics, to writing a compelling conclusion that can never let the audience feel or be lost, and also giving consideration to word count in an argumentative essay. You can also get expert help from our argumentative essay writing service.
Hence, perfect essay writers has made your job easier with this perfect essay writing guide. Our top-notch writers prioritize their audience and put themselves in your shoe to understand your requirements. We hope that this guide is of prime importance to your requirement, however, if you still have queries and want perfect services, perfect essay writing services is always here to help.