Researching on best narrative essay topics? Deadline approaching but you haven’t started yet? Worried because of such a mess? Want a better and timely solution to your problems? Well! Continue reading this if you want to seek an answer to these questions.
Choosing a good narrative essay topic might be a daunting task in the academic career because such topics are hard to find. It depends on the life experiences of an individual. A good life experience will give a good idea of the topic immediately. However, some experiences are such that they cannot be transformed into a useful piece of writing. That is why we are here to help you out with such problems. Let’s dive into the details of what you are searching for:
A narrative essay is a form of essay in which the writer tells a story or narrates it in a way that is appealing to the audience. This can involve an adventure, an incident, a life story, etc. Not always, but a narrative essay is usually about personal stories and life experiences.
In such an essay, there is a freedom to choose any good topic that suits the writer, however, when assigned by the teacher, he/she might set strict criteria or boundaries to make the roadway a bit difficult. Similarly, choosing a topic involving personal experiences might be difficult at times too because some experiences cannot be narrated in a presentable manner. The personal topics can be used when writing a personal essay. That is why we are here to help you out choosing for such topics.
Choosing topic for a Narrative Essay
Choosing a topic for such an essay requires some good steps. These steps are as follows:
- Remember to tell a story
- Choose an idea worthy for discussion
- Planning and brainstorming ideas
- Be dynamic
- Structuring for the essay
Let’s discuss these in detail:
Remember to tell a story
Make sure that the topic chosen for the essay must connect with the audience. The story writer is telling should be such that the experiences, life lessons, skills etc. have a connection with the audience. Otherwise, it is going to spoil the whole writing and result in boredom.
One might have read a story of some famous writer. How do you feel when you read it? Of course, we develop a connection with that story and even some people cry reading that story because they feel it’s their own. This is the art of narration. Learn it.
Choose an idea worthy for discussion
Do not randomly choose an idea for the essay, rather choose the best one, on which a good discussion would be made. Boring ideas not involving the interest of the writer makes it an ambiguous essay and in turn makes it a bad piece of writing. To make sure the idea is useful, ask yourself:
- What are my associations with the chosen idea?
- Would I be able to convey it to the readers the way I have an association with it?
- If yes, how am I going to convey it?
- Do I have enough information or memories related to the idea?
Questions like these will make the essay rigorous. However, one can always change the topic or idea of an essay if he feels at any point that the above questions are not answered.
Planning and brainstorming ideas
Plan the structure of the essay. Brainstorming is a good session to start with. Do brainstorming and write good ideas and information regarding the chosen topic to give a slight structure to the essay from this stage. Make sure to have proper planning at this stage of how one is going to structure the essay. This step can also help you to make your essay longer.
Throughout, what the writer needs to do is, mix different memories of life to check whether it is a good idea to mess up with or not. The subject should be such that it hits the emotions of the audience and guarantees that the story is narrated in a way so that it develops the same association with the audience as with the writer.
Structuring for the essay
The structure of the essay is always a standard and is followed in every essay writing. Whatever idea or topic the writer chooses from his experiences, it should be such that it develops a logical order starting from a good introduction, passing through the body and ending on the conclusion. The standard for body paragraphs is three. So whenever choosing for the topic or opting an experience, memory or lesson, make sure it will be such that enough information would be available to make three paragraphs out of it. The paragraphs for body should also have enough information to support the thesis as will be stated in the introduction part.
40 Best Narrative Essay
A narrative essay should be such that it presents a picture of the life experiences of the writer. Since the reader is not able to see the picture, the writer can show him through the power of words.
Some 40 best narrative essay topics for college are as follows:
- The first flight I made
- My memories of the school time
- My first day of school
- My fears
- My memorable trip
- A friend in disguise
- The accident I have gone through
- An eye-opening event of my life
- Experiencing a crash
- A realization to the new world
- My favorite movie
- A row with my peers
- The first time I drive
- A time when I faced unequal employment opportunity
- My memorable vacation
- My favorite dish
- My hobbies
- Realization of the double-faced people
- A betrayer friends
- Going through psychological trauma in my life
- My mental health
- The diet I follow
- How do I maintain a work-life balance?
- The people I love the most
- How do I survive shark attack?
- My pet
- The help that I will never forget
- My favorite place in my house
- How have I learned decoration?
- The first time I danced
- How do I manage a high workload?
- If I were an HR officer
- My achievements
- A proud moment in my life
- Changes in my body after vaccination
- How do I enter into good bonding?
- Why do I sometimes judge?
- The biggest punishment I ever had
- My shortcomings that kills me
- The first time I appeared in a show
Personal Narrative Essay Ideas
- The best moment of my entire life
- The toughest decision I ever made
- My favorite place to visit
- Reason why I love my best friend
- What I do in my entire day: a complete schedule of my full day routine
- The most perfect decision I have ever made in my life
- The story of racism I faced in a foreign country as a Muslim
- The reason why I hate going to the college
- How do I overcome fears and turn them into my strength?
- Most embarrassing moment of my life
- The moment I had to lose my best friend
- The disease I have fought and defeated in my life
- The memorable debate competition in the school
- My first ever pet
- The perfect sunset I've ever seen
- The day I had to say good bye to my best friend
- My experience with receiving my first ever degree
- The most horrible food I have ever tried
- My favorite fruit juice
- My most liked music playlist
- How do I connect with the people?
- Why do I always take the blame and become bad in the picture?
- The unforgettable fight with the bully in college
- The most horrible and annoying teacher at school
- The race I have been trying to complete since many years
- My experience of university life
- The perfect wedding I ever attended
- The most valuable life experience I ever had
- Exploring a new city in my Summer vacations
- The moment I met a car accident
Fictional Narrative Essay Ideas
- The incident of our friend's day out going wrong
- A dark night, and my car ran out of Petrol
- The worst scenario ever happened during exams
- A horrible dream that turned into reality
- The story of vampires and their exact origin, a place no lesser than hell
- How I felt like Cinderella once but it ended up like a nightmare
- The dream I saw about myself rotting in hell
- The most fierce monster I saw in a famous park in the dark
- The story of my town about to suffer a hurricane
- I met a person who lost his memory and I had no way to remind him anything
- The story of a teen who creates a viral video and becomes famous
- The story of a click that ticks 13 too
- A tale of a 10 year old kid who became the President of the country
- The most horrible thing happened on the island where no human existed
- An art character that comes to life
- A strange creature coming to life straight out of a story book
- A pink hill that looks like an ice cream
- A parallel world where all parents support their kid's decisions
- A world free of racism and discrimination
- A tale of zero hatred in the world
- The haunted place and my visit to it
- A bully victim who turned into a bully himself
- A wild gorilla broke into the house
- A giant tree came to life
- A giant candy house with chocolate doors
- A normal girl got superhero powers
- The paper money got replaced with digital currency
- The world turned into metaverse
- Time started passing backwards
- A town where can read minds
Narrative Essay Topics For College Students
- Most memorable incident in my life
- The best college memory
- The most important day of my life
- My favorite course in college
- My favorite book
- My favorite professor
- A note to my old self
- A note to my future self
- A research project I can never forget
- The best classmate I had in college
- The best teammate I had in college project
- Most interesting party I attended in college
- The dangerous trip we all friends had in college life
- The best adventurous trip I had in college life
- My most favorite dish I loved eating in college days
- My hostel room in college
- The tale of meeting my life mate in college
- The most epic drama rehearsal in my college
- How one mass bunk changed everything in my college
- How hard the life of college students is
- My last day at college
Narrative Essay Topics For High School Students
- The story of my first day at high school
- A bad experience with the rude teacher
- My favorite subject
- The most special lunch I had in school
- Most memorable farewell party
- The most amazing welcome party in high school
- My favorite teacher at high school
- My best friend at high school
- The perfect friendship I saw at high school
- The worst mistake I made
- The best decision I took being a high school student
- The best street food I tried in high schooling days
- The best thing I learned in high school
- The best classmate I got in high school
- The worst team mate I had in high school
- The most boring subjects and it's lectures
- A high school teacher that changed the way of teaching
- An extremely boring day in high school
- A perfect friend I made in high school
- The last exam in high school
- The story of my last day at high school
Literacy Narrative Essay Topics
- The most useless book I have ever read
- My most favorite subject at school
- The first short story I ever wrote
- My favorite novel based on real life incident
- The best poem I have ever read
- The worst piece of literature I have ever read and felt disappointed
- The worst book I studied in my college
- A large collection of books my favorite teacher recommended to me
- A letter to myself that I should keep secret
- The last letter I wrote to my best friend
- Why did I start writing?
- How writing makes me feel like?
- Why I always wanted to be a writer?
- Is becoming a freelance writer good career choice?
- The worst writing mistakes that you should avoid
- Best marketing email I have ever read
- Best essay writing guide I always recommend to everyone
- The most satisfying writing piece I have ever read
- The poorly written writing guide I still laugh at
- Best novel I read about realism
- The only book that made sense to me
- The best author I have ever read
- Can I become an author myself?
- The best writing guide my friend gave me
- A collection of beautiful poems I can never forget
- A list of my favorite poets and what I like about them
- A list of my favorite writers and what I like about them
- The best book collection my friend owns
- 10 ideal methods I use to write a good essay
- The favorite short story of mine
First Person Narrative Essay Ideas
- A day in my everyday life
- The best thing I have done in my life
- A note to myself
- The scariest thing I have ever done
- The first and best short story I wrote
- How do I overcoming my fears and keep going in life
- The right things I have ever done that turned my life upside down
- My favorite ice cream parlor in the city
- My go-to place for lunch and dinner
- My personal tips on how to look good casually
- How I turned my own life upside down
- The most horrible moment of my life
- Why did I decide to leave my house at 18?
- The best career choice I have ever come across
- Why do I hate my parents
- Why don't I have any friends
- How was my experience with flipping burgers at McDonald's?
- My first adventure ever
- The first mistake of my life
- Why did I drop out of college?
- The best decision of my life
- My first best friend
- My most favorite dish
- The right thing I did that saved someone's life
- The day I was about to get into jail
- Most embarrassing question I ever got asked
- My life in my village
- The best book I have ever read
- The best city I have even been to
- Most expensive thing I bought with my own salary
Funny narrative essay topics
Writing a funny essay on narration would be even better because most of the audience seek some humor in the essay. For such writing, following can be an example of some topics:
- Choosing to sleep over workout
- A girl or boy? Who is more intelligent?
- Traditional photos Vs selfie clicks
- How to relate lion with a cat
- If I were a grapefruit
- Farming or billionaire; the choice is yours
- How to enjoy during exams
- Food or workout? Which to prefer?
- What to choose: internet or study?
- How to survive scolding by parents.
Best narrative stories
Examples of some all-time famous and best narrative stories are:
- The tell-tale heart
- The lottery
- The metamorphosis
- The lady with the dog
- The dead
- The gift of the Magi
- Story of your life
- The yellow wallpaper
- The monkey’s paw
- To build a fire
Perfect essay writers hope that they have clarified the queries that you had when landed at our page. We also hope that a decent explanation and good essay topics are provided so as to make the journey of your writing much more enjoyable and easy.
However, do I still need help? Our expert essay writers are always here to help.