100 Good Topics to Argue About in Your Next Essay
When it comes to writing an argumentative essay, it’s essential to pick the right topic. Some students have no problem finding something they’re passionate about, but others might find it tricky to pick a topic that’s both interesting and relevant. Don’t worry though, we have loads of topics for you to choose from based on politics, social issues, technology, and science. So, keep on reading!
A Comprehensive List of Good Topics to Argue About
These lists cover a wide range of exciting and relevant topics that are sure to spark your interest and ignite your passion for writing. Here you go with the first one.
Top Argumentative Essay Topics
Argumentative essays require a writer to take a stance on a controversial issue and defend their position with strong evidence and reasoning. Here are some of the top argumentative essay topics to inspire your writing.
- Is absolute grading inferior to relative grading?
- Is it acceptable for students to communicate informally with their instructors?
- Should religious education be included in the school curriculum?
- Do instructors hold grudges against students?
- Is professionalism important at the college level?
- Which is better: a conventional or a flipped classroom?
- Should colleges provide career counseling services?
- Does the family have an impact on a child’s education?
- Why should child labor be prohibited?
- Which type of scholarship is preferable: merit-based or need-based?
- How does teacher-student interaction improve academic performance?
- Should students be allowed to access social media on school networks?
- Is it appropriate to allow cell phone usage at the college level?
- Should ceremonies for high achievers be abolished?
- Should education be entirely virtualized?
- Do student-athletes perform better in academic courses?
- Is it acceptable for parents to enforce strict rules on their college-aged children?
- Why does one’s social circle affect their personality?
- Is separate education for males and females a good idea?
- Should college students be encouraged to give presentations?
- Why is it necessary to maintain tight security at educational institutions?
- Should psychological counseling be provided to college students?
Unique Argumentative Essay Topics
This list of argumentative essay topics offers some really cool ideas that go beyond the boring old topics. These are thought-provoking, stimulating, and will make you think hard and form your own opinions. Here you go:
- Should the death penalty be abolished?
- Should marijuana be legalized for recreational use?
- Is online learning better than traditional classroom learning?
- Should schools ban junk food in their cafeteria?
- Should college athletes be paid for their performance?
- Should the drinking age be lowered to 18?
- Should animal testing be banned?
- Is technology making us more or less social?
- Should parents be held responsible for their children’s crimes?
- Should the government regulate social media?
- Should companies be allowed to use consumer data for targeted advertising?
- Should there be a limit on the number of hours people can work per week?
- Should the government provide free healthcare for all citizens?
- Should zoos be banned?
- Should there be a limit on the number of children people can have?
- Should plastic bags be banned?
- Should schools start later in the day?
- Should there be a limit on the amount of sugar in food and drinks?
- Should the voting age be lowered to 16?
- Should the United States switch to a universal healthcare system?
- Should students be allowed to grade their teachers?
- Should home schooling be allowed?
- Should college tuition be free?
- Should the government regulate the use of drones?
- Should vaccinations be mandatory?
- Should schools teach financial literacy?
- Should there be a limit on the amount of money people can donate to political campaigns?
- Should texting while driving be illegal?
- Should there be a limit on the number of guns a person can own?
- Should the government regulate the use of plastic straws?
- Should the United States adopt a flat tax system?
- Should college admission be based on merit or diversity?
- Should there be a limit on the amount of greenhouse gases companies can emit?
- Should the government provide free public transportation?
- Should there be a limit on the amount of homework students can have?
- Should fast-food restaurants be held responsible for obesity?
- Should there be a limit on the amount of money professional athletes can earn?
- Should there be a limit on the number of hours people can spend on social media per day?
- Should the government regulate the use of facial recognition technology?
- Should the United States have a national gun registry?
- Should people be required to pass a drug test to receive government assistance?
- Should the government regulate the use of artificial intelligence?
- Should there be a limit on the number of nuclear weapons countries can have?
- Should there be a limit on the number of cars a household can own?
- Should the government provide free childcare for all citizens?
- Should the use of cell phones be banned in public places?
- Should there be a limit on the amount of packaging companies can use?
- Should the government regulate the use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs)?
- Should there be a limit on the number of immigrants allowed into the country?
- Should there be a limit on the number of waste companies can produce?
Hot Argumentative Essay Topics
A hot and controversial topic not only grabs the reader’s attention but also provides a platform for you to present your arguments effectively. With so many issues and debates taking place in our society today, there’s no shortage of hot argumentative essay topics to choose from. Here you go with a few more good topics to argue about.
- Exploring the Dislike for Mondays: A Critical Look at Our Attitudes Towards the Start of the Week
- The Advantages of Late-Night Studying: A Debate on the Effectiveness of Different Study Schedules
- The Presence of Romanticism in Nature: An Analysis of How the Natural World Exhibits Romantic Ideals
- Deciphering the Meaning of Freedom: A Philosophical Exploration of the Concept and Its Implications
- What Truly Matters: An Examination of the Significance of Life Despite Its Inevitable End
- The Psychology of Humor: An Investigation into Why Some Individuals Do Not Find Jokes Amusing
- Adapting to Modern Trends in Old Age: A Discussion on the Feasibility and Benefits of Embracing New Technologies and Trends
- Beyond the Written Word: The Value of Life Lessons Learned Outside of Books
- Gender and Leadership: A Comparative Analysis of Men and Women’s Ability to Lead and Manage in the Future
- From Present to Memory: Contemplating the Transience of Life and the Importance of Cherishing Moments
- The Aftermath of Weekend Activities: Examining the Impact of Weekend-Related Factors on Mental and Physical Health
- The Significance of Independence: A Critical Look at the Role of Self-Sufficiency in Achieving Personal and Professional Success
- Daydreaming vs. Foolish Actions: A Comparison of the Benefits and Pitfalls of Different Forms of Escapism
- Technological Takeover: A Debate on the Potential Dominance of Technology in the Future
- The Future of Labor: An Analysis of the Possibility of Robots Replacing Humans in Various Industries
- Piloting with Precision: The Importance of Enhancing Decision-Making Skills in Pilots
- Indecisiveness vs. Poor Decision Making: A Study of the Differences Between the Two and How to Overcome Them
- Breaking Free from Self-Doubt: An Examination of the Dangers of Negative Self-Talk and the Importance of Building Self-Confidence
- Loneliness and the Company We Keep: A Comparative Analysis of the Effects of Social Isolation vs. Bad Company
- Career Choices: Entrepreneurship vs. Employment – An Analysis of the Pros and Cons of Each Path
Pros and Cons Argue-able Topics
Comparing the pros and cons of something is a great way to get an argument going between two or more things. So, picking the right topic for such an essay is important. Here’s another list of good topics to argue about:
Pros and cons of CFCs (Chlorofluorocarbons) use
- Pros and cons of hard exercises
- Pros and cons of doing a job with studies
- Pros and cons of medical prescriptions
- Pros and cons of eating less
- Pros and cons of artificial intelligence
- Pros and cons of modernization
- Pros and cons of capacity dumping
- Pros and cons of hydrogenated ghee
- Pros and cons of working late at night
- Pros and cons of oversleeping
- Pros and cons of virtual education
- Pros and cons of change in an organization
- Pros and cons of wide social circle
- Pros and cons of having siblings
Historical Topics for Argumentation
Historical augmentation topics could be a great choice as there are tons of data available.
- Was it the role of Martin Luther King to give rights to blacks?
- What should be adapted as strategies in today’s world from Adolf Hitler?
- Was it the Wright brothers to make the first flight?
- Was the formation of East and West Pakistan the result of British rule?
- What was the result of the takeover of Yangon?
- Former religious scholars were better than today’s scholars
- Was the result of the American Civil War positive?
Argumentative Topics on Health
- Why shouldn’t carbohydrates be taken at night?
- Why is breakfast more important than any other meal?
- Overwork will kill you.
- Are sports a good way to maintain weight?
- Does sound health depend on eating healthy?
- Green veggies do bad with you more than it does well?
- How can certain diseases be controlled through a healthy diet?
- Diabetes is more in genes than through diet
- Does sleep affect health? Both mental and physical?
- Effect of meditation on health?
- What is preferable? Physical exercises or mental?
- Can humans live without sufficient food?
- The blame for malnutrition goes to the government
- Can alcohol and smoking be stopped during maternity?
- Does the behavior of parents affect the mental health of a child?
- Which diet are more nutritious for a growing child?
- Best sources of vitamins.
- Effect of the sun on vitamin D level
- Why do doctors recommend sitting in sunlight when a deficiency of vitamin D occurs?
Tips for Choosing Good Topics to Argue About
Picking a good argumentative essay topic is an essential step toward writing an engaging and impactful essay. Here are some expert tips for picking up good topics to argue about.
Tip 1: Brainstorming is Important
Think of some topics that excite you or that you feel strongly about – write them down! Make a list of potential topics that come to your mind.
Tip 2: Invest Proper Time in Research
Once you’ve got a list of topics, do some research to make sure there’s enough info to backup your points. Have a look at reliable places like journals, books, and news stories.
Tip 3: Carefully Pick the Topics
Look at each potential topic to see if it could be used for an argumentative paper. It should be something that has two sides to it, so you can argue both angles.
Tip 4: Narrow Down Your Topics’ List
Reduce your list of possible topics to a few that you think you can write about easily. Think about how relevant, important, and interesting the subject is.
Tip 5: Consider the Audience
Consider who you’re trying to reach and what topics will get them interested. Find something that really resonates with your audience – that way, you’re more likely to get them engaged and interested.
Tip 6: Get Feedback
See what your friends, teachers, or writing coach think about your topic. Their comments can help you decide if your subject is strong enough and if your arguments are convincing.
Your Custom Essay Solution Awaits
Hurry get 50% Discount
Need Help Picking a Great Topic for An Argumentative Essay?
Expert essay writers can assist you in choosing an interesting and controversial topic that aligns with your interests and engages your readers. We offer professional college essay writing services that guarantee well-researched, well-written, and well-edited essays. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you create a successful argumentative essay or order now so our experts can get in touch right away.
There are numerous good topics to argue about, and selecting the right one is essential to crafting a compelling argumentative essay. Make sure you pick something debatable, relevant, and interesting for your target audience. Do your research, refine your topic, and run it by some other people to make sure it’ll work. Furthermore, you can count on our expert writers to entertain your write my essay request.