Do you wonder like every student about the daunting task of writing a convincing personal statement?
It might be a real challenge for you too to write it because of the fact that most of our psyche has this silly thought of challenges in this statement writing.
This might not be the case. Here is an expert guide to write a compelling statement for yourself, however, before beginning into that area, let us give you an understanding of it first:
What is Personal Statement?
- A personal statement is a sort of college application essay which is written to show your image of:
- Life experiences,
- Personality etc. to the person responsible for checking your statement.
- The major difference between college application essay and personal statement is the length and acceptability. College application essay is only for applying in college (or medical school) while the latter can be for any purpose i.e. either you are applying for a job, internship etc.
- Length of your statement might be short or long depending on the requirement, while length of college admission essay is usually short like sort of 1 pager.
Purpose of Writing Personal Statement:
- To know the attractiveness of the applicant.
- The authorities responsible get an idea about your goals and ambitions.
- It displays your strength and weaknesses.
- It answers the question why, as why the applicant should or should not be chosen for the organization, institute etc.
It is advisable to follow the requirement of your statement as stated by the authorities.
What you need to keep in mind while writing it?
Keep in mind:
- Your current position
- Your willingness for the future
- Your problem-solving skills
- Reason for opting the specific domain
- Your contributions to the place
- Your goals and what you want to achieve
Our teams of experts provide the best write my essay services keeping every minute detail you desire. Avail yours now and never be regretful.
Personal statement structure:
Outline for your personal essay might be as follows:
Writing format for Personal Statement
- Writing a good personal introduction
- Writing main body
- Compelling and everlasting conclusion
- Review, editing and proofreading
Compelling Personal Introduction
- Your personal introduction at the very start of your statement should reflect:
- Your personality,
- Your interest and achievements,
- Skill set
- And experience etc.
- Start with compelling statement such as “well done is better than well said”, I never knew the quote talks about me until...” and stuff like that.
- This introduction should also state your interest in the position you are enrolling.
- Just as explain earlier, keep your audience in mind while writing and keep tone of confidence to have a strong and compelling effect on them.
- Must add a thesis statement to reflect your entire essay.
- After completing the introduction part of your problem statement, move on to the main body of it.
- Now is the time to give more detail about your
- skill set,
- achievements etc. that you have talked about in the introductory part.
- Try to narrow down your approach and be specific and to the point along with opting for professional language to be used throughout the body of your problem statement.
- Do not use or talk on sensitive issues such as political and religious sentiments etc.
- Add following elements into the body of your problem statement:
- Achievements and Relevant Experience: Mention about both curricular and non-scholastic achievements that you have throughout your history. Mention your certification, awards, degrees etc.
- Skills: Mention your skill set and your talent that you have and have learned throughout your life. Do consider to mention relevant experience as to that of the position you are applying for.
- Your Fit: Discuss the reason of your fit for the organization or the institution you are applying for. Discuss your contributions in future that you will add into the organization or the institute.
- Motivation: Discuss your motivation level or eagerness you have about the position you are applying for. And tell why you opt for this institute or organization when you have bundles of other options available.
Conclusion to this Statement
- Your conclusion is going to reflect and restate your entire discussion in addition to summarizing it. So, it should be compelling enough to engage your reader and not to get them bored.
- While concluding your essay state the followings:
- Discuss your vision, mission and goals that will be accomplished by enrolling into the organization or institute. And state where you want to see yourself in future.
- Build a connection between your entire discussion and conclusion and summarize your statement from above. Also discuss how your capabilities will contribute to the place you are applying in.
- Also you have to build a connection between your introduction and your conclusion and state your areas of expertise by evidences, such as grade, certification etc.
- This paragraph would hardly be 1 paragraph maximum but depending on the requirement, it might differ.
Review, editing and proofreading
- After completing your piece of writing, review it, proofread it and identify the areas which needs to be improved.
- Consider the following corrections:
- Collection of words
- Spelling and grammar
- You can have some person to review this statement to ensure un-biasness, and correct tone.
We provide perfect essay writing services in any area you want with our team of qualified and professional writer. Avail your perfect essay now!
Tips for Writing perfect statement:
- Write professional statements (important for high school specially)
- Ensure relevancy in your statements
- Remove your focus from your weaknesses and failures
- Ensure no copying of content from internet or any source
- Add reasons
- State your subject of interest
- Ensure clarity in your content and direct statements
- Use active voice instead of passive voice
- Keep your tone positive and passionate
- Ensure uniqueness to differentiate your content form the rest.
(Have some good research on How to write a personal statement for masters for help)
Need to write perfect essay? Order Now! Our team of experts are providing the best essays that you never had.