Conclusion being the most important part of an essay, is also somewhat technical and requires the best attention possible to have a better closure to your entire story in the essay. Are you suffering from lack of enough information to help you in how to write the conclusion of a cause and effect essay? don’t worry, continue reading this for the perfect guide to conclusion.
A cause and effect essay explores the consequences of an event, object, or anything. Just like other parts of this essay, the concluding paragraph is one of the most important structures since the causal relationship it contains, reflection of the entire essay, and the audience who most of the time recall this portion of the essay. So, let’s directly jump into the guide:
Conclusion For Cause And Effect Essay
A conclusion is an ending paragraph of this essay and it can be wrote with simple and easy to understand steps that are as follows:
- Referring to Introduction
- Summary of the discussion
- Ending statement known as clincher
Let’s into the details now:
Referring to Introduction
The first sentence of your concluding paragraph should straightly refer to the introduction. This is because the catchy statements that we add in the introduction of cause and effect essay play a vital role in conclusion as well. The best practice is to reflect the thesis statement here. But it doesn’t really mean to repeat things, you just have to rephrase it. Repetition will make the starting sentence not so interesting. You can also rephrase the hook statement and add it here, but the best practice would be the one stated earlier. Let’s look into some examples:
Thesis statement: Although useful in many aspects, social media can have harmful effects in many ways.
Rephrasing: Social media being super mode for many stuff in today’s world can have disadvantages affecting majorly our youngsters.
Thesis statement: Drug addiction not just has harmful effects on the individual but is also a social evil in many ways.
Rephrasing: To sum up, drug addiction not only destroys the physical phenomenon but also the social surroundings of an individual.
Summary Of The Discussion
Just after the 1st sentence of the paragraph in conclusion, the next 4-5 lines are the summary of the discussion that has been done throughout the entire essay. Hence, your conclusion should have a reminder of cause-and-effect relation discussed through thebody paragraphs majorly.
You should craft this summary in a way that synthesizes the main points, together with showing the audience “how” of the relation.
For example, if you have talked about the relation of a balanced diet to better health benefits in your body, your conclusion should summarize it as proper weight maintenance, longer life, prevention of physical and mental illnesses etc. So, this is how we craft it by giving the primary relations a due consideration here.
Ending Statement Known As Clincher
Now comes the last part of the conclusion i.e. ending statement. The ending statement can be in the form of clincher or a rhetorical question, leaving the audience in a situation of thoughts and emotions. This means the audience will crave for more and give good feedback. Just like the other parts of an essay, the ending statement is the most important part of it too. You might have come across these statements in daily life which connect the readers to the piece of writing. It does enforce your key idea of the essay. Here are some examples of them.
Clinchers: Our environment is suffering from the deadly vehicles, mountains of thrash, and lack of care for the need to replenish the non-renewable resources. Think harder.
- Ever thought of what we are heading toward?
- Can we face worse in future because of what we do for our environment?
- Can a smoker become more dangerous than being a devil of society?
- What if we happen to exist in a deserted place in the future?
Here are the most common errors or blenders as we call it, which has to be avoided for a good cause:
- The very first sentence of concluding paragraph never states the thesis as it is, rather it is rephrased to better wording that will be a good start to finishing paragraph.
- The summary, just after the first sentence, should state the importance of ideas in a summarized form. Rather than just copy pasting them, write a better form of it in just a few sentences.
- Never bring new ideas into your conclusion part. This is because it will confuse the readers having no sense of new ideas in the ending part. Just focus on the relation of cause-effect that you have covered already.
- Do not weaken your argument or evidence by using wordings such as; according to my opinion, this is what I believe, etc. This will not have a good impact on the audience and will reduce the rigor of your entire essay.
Examples Of Conclusion
Some of the concluding paragraphs examples are stated in here for your better understandings:
- Although social media have brought revolutionary changes in our life, most importantly, the business environment, still is as harmful as bad breath. It can increase immobility, physical activities restrictions, cyber-attacks, privacy leakage, health risk, and many more activities that we cannot even imagine. Hence, looking at one side of a picture will never change the reality that we ignore by blindfolding ourselves in the world of revolution.
- To sum up, the effects that a healthy diet brings to us is not hidden in any case. From good physique maintenance to living a longer life, decrease in health problems, less cardiac arrest chances, and many more; the effects of a healthy diet can never be ignored. This is not just evident from individuals but also proven by health experts. Not just this but there are many proven effects of a healthy diet. Can you recall some?
Sometimes, conclusion being the most important part of the essay receives very less considerations as compared to the other structures of the essay resulting in a weak essay. We often under-estimate the importance it holds in an essay writing and give most of our time to outlining the cause and effect essay.
However, this should never be the case. The conclusion is just as important as the introduction and body of the essay and should be considered. It requires just three important baby steps to be followed, i.e., rephrasing the thesis, a summary of the main cause-effect relation, and an ending statement. Doing these three steps will likely make your conclusion top-notch; hence, contact our experts if you are looking for the best essay writing service.