Learning how to write an essay for beginners?
During the academic journey, every student comes across essay writing whether he is a college student or a high School. It has several types that are incorporated into the syllabus according to the student’s level. Some students feel difficulty to write an essay like a pro. Here is a quick guide for students who want to learn writing for an essay.
Let's move towards the guidelines for writing an essay, so that you can write a professional essay and impress your classmates.
Stages in writing essay
Writing an essay is considered time-consuming, but it can be done in a go if you have expertise. Do not worry!! Not everyone is experienced in Writing a Perfect Essay; it's the only practice that makes it perfect.
Every essay, no matter what type it belongs to, it has the same heading. The basic headings of the essay include an introduction which is the opening paragraph, the body section, which requires a robust explanation and a conclusion paragraph that sums up a major point.
- Introduction: Wondering how to write an essay introduction? Introduction of an essay is the starting paragraph. It includes a background of the provided topic, with the main starting statements related to the topic. And in the end, the introductory paragraph is closed with the thesis statement.
- Body: It then includes a detailed explanation of the topic provided. Here the writer focuses to make an essay longer with words related to every aspect of the event depending upon the nature of the topic. It is considered good practice to provide more references to strengthen your arguments. Remember not to exceed more than three paragraphs. Also add topic sentence while writing a short essay.
- Conclusion: The last paragraph of an essay is the concluding paragraph. Here the writer has to conclude all the explained points in the body section and merge them to state the end statement.
- Proofread: When you have completed writing an essay, now it's time to cross-check it. Try to take some spare time after writing an essay and then proofread it. Proofreading just after writing process cannot be that effective. You can read out your content loud to find the mistakes; it really helps a lot.
Consider following guidelines after writing:
- Generate a list if needed, and mark completed requirements one by one.
- Ensure logical connection between paragraphs.
- Does your essay include a thesis statement? Are you supporting your thesis?
- Counter check that the body paragraphs stated in the essay are well explained.
- Is your provided information coinciding with the given topic?
- Is the bibliography present at the end as proof of authentic information?
When all the sections of the above-created list are done, go through the essay last time again. In this round, you have to check for grammatical mistakes or check if something that can help you to write an essay hook.
As discussed earlier, there are several types of Essays. Every essay is written in a separate tone according to its nature and reader.
Types of essay writing are explained below for your better understanding:
It is written in general essay (whether short essay writing or long). It describes explicitly an individual, scene, object or happening in detail. Writer has to construct a tone that compels the person who reads to generate a vision of the entity under discussion.
Descriptive essay example:
Describe your oldest memory
Solid reasoning and research are required to write an expository essay. Writer of this essay has to conduct solid research, evaluate the facts and figures and then provide some conclusion.
The use of expression or emotions is strictly banned in such an essay. It is also a type of academic writing used for thesis and research papers.
The causes and effects of World War I
This essay is a type of academic writing. Writer discusses an event or object with an independent perception in such an essay. It can be considered as storytelling.
Most of the time, personal narrative essays are provided as a topic from an instructor. When writing such an essay, the writer has to set up a tone that helps to visualize the story in the reader's mind creatively.
The ultimate chess games
Argumentative essay is clear from its name; such an essay has a persuasive tone. This essay requires arguments in support to influence the audience with the writers' own opinion. Writer can either state a point of view against the topic or in favor of the topic.
Can the death penalty be effective for criminals?
Strong analysis is provided regarding the topic provided. It could either be represented through graphs, charts or bar charts. Analysis could be of text, person, or theory.
Proper evaluation is provided for the improved understanding of the reader.
Analyze cultural context of work
In a persuasive essay, an author states all the facts supporting the topic and leaves the rest on the audience. In this essay, the reader analysis all the information and then chooses a viewpoint that satisfies its nature.
It also entails research of both the perception of a provided topic.
Should soda be offered in the school cafeteria?
Reflective essay states the life experiences of different people. Even sometimes writer quotes their own daily experience to grasp the interest and to convince the reader.
This essay reflects the stories of people lives.
Reflective essay example
A joint trip with your friend
Writer must uphold a proper assembly of an essay. Along with prodigious content, the next thing which induces the reader is an assembly of an essay. Below is the guideline to construct an essay’s structure.
The body section is preferred to add at least three paragraphs that follow the same pattern.
This article is helpful to numerous students in writing their essay. Students can turn their weak essays into flawless pieces of information
If you find any other questions regarding essay writing, feel free to contact Perfect Essay Writing. We help many students in their essays on different education levels with our subject specialist.