Thesis being the most important part of your essay can be a daunting task to structure it in a proper way. However, the importance it holds is even more as compared to other elements of the essay. Are you the one searching for help of “how to write a cause-and-effect essay thesis statement?” well! You are at the right place then. Continue reading this blog for a perfect guide toward thesis.
A thesis always holds this special importance in the essay because it is the reflection of your entire essay outline and conveys the central message. However, it might be the case for many of us to place it improperly or somehow make it filthy. Hence, a proper understanding of this statement will make it top notch. So, let’s move on to the discussion now:
What Is A Thesis Statement?
- A thesis statement is that statement which tells the audience what the essay is going to talk about. It also helps them to understand what the topic is about and let them guess what the rest of the essay will be talking about without even reading it.
- It is usually placed in the introduction of an essay, but it does not necessarily mean at the very start of the essay. That place belongs to the hook statement rather. It is placed at the end of the introductory paragraph.
- You can also imagine your thesis statement as one topic sentence of your entire essay.
How To Write A Cause-And-Effect Essay Thesis Statement?
“Well begun is half done”, so yeah, you have to start with some good tips and tricks for your thesis. When you initially have this, you are already done. So let’s begin with the steps that will help you write your thesis well.
- Brainstorming for good ideas to add
- Keeping the topic an interrogation for thesis
- Be ready for polishing
- Use of professional language
- Specificity in writing
- Show cause-effect relation
Let’s discuss these in details now:
Brainstorming For Good Ideas To Add
Brainstorming will help you:
- Choose a better topic
- Add good ideas specially for statements like hook statements and thesis.
- And ultimately writing good essay
Hence, you have to ensure a brainstorming session before beginning to write your essay, and hence, writing your thesis.
Keeping The Topic An Interrogation For Thesis
Making a thesis and keeping it limited to a sentence might be a horrible task for many of us. However, an easy-to-use method is to pose a question out of your topic. Phrasing the topic of your essay will not only help you write your thesis but also will make the process easier.
For example, if you are writing about the effects of global warming on our present-day world, ask yourself that:
- What are the consequences of global warming that we are facing in today’s world?
- How did it begin?
If you have the answers to it, you are good to go with your thesis statement. However, if you don’t have the answer, do good research because google is full of sources to show you the effects that global warming has brought to us.
This will also help you find useful sources on what to add in your body paragraphs.
Be Ready For Polishing
Make sure that you are ready to revise your thesis because it is never a hard-and-fast rule that you will nail your thesis at the very first try. Rather be ready for:
- Additions and subtractions
- Full removal and replacement with a new thesis; etc.
The traits for a thesis statement are stated after this step which will be discussed further but let us mention it that it should have:
- Professional language
- Specificity in ideas; and
- A good cause-effect relation
Another good practice is to read your thesis to your instructor or friend. If they answer correctly what your essay is going to talk about then you are on the right track already. Move to the writing part of your essay now.
Use Of Professional Language
Have a good command of your language while writing your thesis. This is because for such essay types, a strong vocabulary and language is necessary. Do not spoil your thesis by using words that show that you have no command on your thesis such as “I believe”, “the practice is that”, etc. Rather use words that are influential to the audience showing evidence based. Hence, don’t make your statement filthy with flowery or filthy language.
Specificity In Writing
Your thesis should be specific in writing. It should clearly state the purpose and should not be in a way that is very generic or going off the track. However, some very minute details can be added for the purpose of letting know the readers, rest of the paper. Also, it is necessary because you have to provide a full sketch of the background to the audience, so you have to give these minor details evident in 4-5 words.
Show Cause-Effect Relation
The thesis for such an essay type must contain or show the cause-effect relation between two objects, events, places, and anything for which the essay is structured. This is because it would clearly indicate that the essay is about those objects that are interlinked with each other in some way. One showing a cause for the other, or one showing an effect for the other. This is how the practice is.
Good Thesis Examples
Here are some good themes for this essay type which our perfect writers have brought for you. Let’s dive into them:
About personality types:
- Different adults develop different personality types based on their brought up, affecting their entire decision-making capabilities.
About the effects of global warming:
- Global warming can be thought of as a giant phenomenon, having effects that can rarely be mitigated.
- Unless we are not faced by the consequences of global warming, we never realize the causes that have been resulting into these disasters.
About healthy diet:
- A healthy diet changes the entire functions of our body bringing effects that are enough to enjoy ourselves.
- The tremendous benefits that a healthy diet brought to us can never be counted upon but still has to be explored.
Thesis statement in a cause-and-effect essay states what the writer himself sees as the main effect, cause, or various causes and effects of an event, object, condition, etc. Similarly, the importance it holds for the essay can never be put into words. Hence, a perfect guide to thesis writing was necessary to enlighten you with. We hope that this perfect guide has done fair enough to help you out write the best.